For the purpose so Privacy and security, WhatsApp has introduced their latest feature the Touch id (Finger sensor authentication) alongside face ID when you enable such feature no one else will be able to access your data without your permission and your cell phone will be safe at hand.
Above android 9+, you can enable Touch ID or Face ID by doing the following:
- Open WhatsApp, then tap
- Settings >
- Account > Privacy > Screen Lock.
- Turn on Touch ID or Face ID.
- You can tap to select the amount of time before Touch ID or Face ID is prompted.
- You can still reply to messages from notifications and answer calls if the app is locked. In order to use Touch ID or Face ID, you’ll need to have it enabled in Android settings. This feature is available on droid 9+.
- If Touch ID or Face ID fails, you’ll be able to insert your phone’s fallback pass code.